Thread: "Scrap Therapy"
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 07:02 PM
VickiM

I live in Crestview, Fl...I am in a Scrap Therapy class...it's alot of fun. Yes, you must buy the patterns, but they are very usable. The first class is the cutting class...if you're like me, from that class on, you will automatically cut your scraps as you finish each of your projects...if I have enough scraps to cut a whole strip, that's what I do...odd shapes get cut into the actual squares. Class meets once a month...some classes last 2 sessions. So far we've made "Charming Buds"(turned out really nice and I made it a donation quilt for "Safe Child", the potholders (I wasn't interested in potholders, so I made 6 of the potholder squares and turned them into a reversable tablerunner), and right now we're making the "Scrap Sack" that holds 3 of the containers in, but is an excellent size for shopping bag. I am a crafter that does about a dozen shows a year, and I have mountains of scraps...this really helps to use them. It's using the patterns and other ways to use them...no rulers, etc...Plus, I enjoy the companionship. :wink: If someone will talk me through how to attach photo, I will post a photo of the Charming Buds Quilt I made...I tried to attach the file on this, but don't know if it took. VickiM