Old 02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Happy Treadler

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Well its looking more & more like I am going to get the 15-91 on loan from my friend any day now. Which is good because I want to learn FMQ on it & am already signed up for a class on March 10th! My questions to you veterans of vintage machines...

What feet do I need for FMQ on the 15-91? I have a short shank walking foot. Will it work? Is there a free motion foot for the 15-91 or am I needing one called something else? Any suggestions for where to go to get them? Thanks for your help.
Hope it's OK I just jump in here. If you're planning on using the 15-91 for FMQ, a walking foot wouldn't work because you won't be able to move your quilt in different directions (only forward). A walking foot would work well for straight line quilting, as well as 'curvy' quilting, but you'd probably need an open-toed hopping foot for the freedom for FMQ. I believe the 15-91 is a low shank machine, so they should be readily available. :) Please someone correct me if I'm mistaken...
Thanks for jumping in. I know the walking foot is for straight line & ' curvy' - just didn't make it clear as mud did I? lol Tossed it in there though just in case anyone was going to offer anything about walking feet.
I actually just ordered a professional walking foot for my 31-15, and I'm waiting for a longer screw so I can try it out. What you need is a Davis vertical feed machine which has a 'built-in' walking foot. That's one of the coolest machines I own. ;)