Old 01-12-2009, 05:20 AM
Stitching4Fun

My daughter made a baby quilt for her husband's aunt when she had one of her children. I thought my daughter did a nice job with it, but the aunt did nothing but complain about it. Not about the workmanship on it, but because it was home made. She told her flat out that she would never use it. I thought that was so rude of her. She said that she was afraid it would come apart and her child would get hurt with it. Needless to say, my daughter never made another thing for her. The aunt is one of those people that if it isn't store bought, it must be trashy.

My son, on the other hand, loves what I make for him. I made him a quilt close to ten years ago and sent it out to be quilted. Well, the quilting stitches have started to come out of it. Since then I got my own longarm and this past Xmas I made him another one. I asked him about the first one I made him and told him that I will fix the quilting in it. I had hoped that he wouldn't have already thrown it away. When I mentioned that, he told me that he would never throw it away no matter how bad it got. So I know that anything I make for him he will keep.

Barb