View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Rumbols

I have a Bernina 440EQ and right before the end of the first year, I was sewing and went into the other room to press a seam. When I came back to my machine, it was down like turned off. Thinking the cat unplugged, I checked, No. Tried turning it off and back on, nothing. Called the dealer and they had me try plugging in to a different outlet; lay on its side for 15 minutes (like that will fix something); remove the plug and replug it in; etc. Finally they said to bring it in to the shop. The mother board has gone out ($550 which thankfully I didn't have to pay for). Took two months before I got her back and all the settings were different. Then this past summer, (she is now just over two years old) the message light started blinking saying I need to get it to the shop ASAP. I wasn't even using it yet, I just turned it on. Called the shop and took her in for a checkup. She was gone for two weeks. So far this time the 440EQ is still working. For an expensive machine, she is very touchy. I have several Brothers, Two Kenmores, and a PFAFF and none of them have been serviced like this.