Old 02-18-2011, 07:56 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Thank you - this helps immensely! Now if I can just keep it straight in my brain once & for all! About the bobbins - would the ones you are talking about be the same as for my 403a? Those are fatter & definitely different from my Featherweight bobbins. And since these are the only 2 Singers I've owned I don't know what else is out there.
I don't think it would work to put a class 15 bobbin in the 401a if the 401a takes the same bobbin as my 501a? The 501a takes the same bobbin that the Model 66 takes and the 99's. It is a bobbin with curved/rolled in edges, while the 15's bobbin is wide, flat all the way around with a bunch of tiny holes all around and they are a tiny bit wider than the class 66 bobbins. You can get bobbins for the 15 at Walmart, Joannes, Hancocks, all over. The bobbins for the 501a, 99's and 66's are a little harder to find -- I get them at a sewing shop or on line.

Billy what would you call these bobbins - for the 15's a class 15 bobbin? For the 66, 99, 501a a class 66 bobbin?

Nancy