Old 01-12-2009, 12:53 PM
nor'easter
Banned

I'm sorry that sometimes you don't get the demonstrated appreciation for your quilts. I can only imagine how that must feel. No one else in my family quilts, but they all know the love and pride that goes into hand crafting something for someone else for it is something that we all do, in one medium or another. I feel truly blessed when I receive handcrafted gifts and I know for sure that those I give gifts to do as well.

I received an email from my cousin this afternoon, late only because she went on a two week vacation the day after Christmas. In part she said "I LOVE LOVE LOVE my quilt! Thank you SO MUCH for such a beautiful gift! I napped with it on Christmas day and can't wait to watch a game or two under it now that I'm back at home. What a thoughtful and generous gift. It's one that will keep on giving in so many ways. I'm inspired!
(Real thank you to follow, but...)"
Made me feel just great!

I'm sure many of the recipients of the quilts you make and give, feel the same way. They just don't know how to tell you. It is no reflection on either you or your workmanship.