View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 07:42 AM
sylviak

I made a quilt top and decided to put some vine, leaf and flower applique on the border. I cut out my flowers and leaves and needed to make the vines. Knowing I was going to have to do this, I had bought the 1/4" bias tape maker and some of the Clover iron-on tape. Thought this would be a snap! I reviewed some of the ways to make continuous bias strips, but I got lost on which way to cut it :shock: :?: Did finally make some, but when the tape goes through the little thingy I noticed it was not sticking in some places. Then I noticed the sticky part was peeling and collecting between the tape and the fabric! I took the part that I had made and decided it also was not as wide as I wanted. I decided I didn't want to go through the "continuous" thing again, so I just cut wider strips and sewed them together. Then I folded them over and sewed them wrong sides together 1/8" from the edge. Then I used a piece of the heat-resistant template material to "make" a long piece that would fit into the tube so I could iron it with the seam open in the middle. Finally I ironed the tape on to the back so I can iron my vine in place before appliqueing it to the border. This took most of the day yesterday....is there a better way?