Old 01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Quiltinsolitude

I have been extremely lucky in my quilt-gifting, I suppose. I have made and gifted quilts to four of my daughter's college friends (she graduated in 2000, so these are friends for life) and each and every one of them thanked me profusely. One later asked about cleaning; he had been taking his quilt to the professional cleaners - he was thrilled when I said he could throw it in the washer & dryer. Another had an aged and ill dog that liked to sleep with her, so her quilt was put away until after the dog passed on, but now it is on her bed. The third brought her quilt to a weekend get-together that this gang has each summer so she could brag about it. The fourth has told me several times how much her quilt fits her color scheme in her bedroom.

I'm in the process of finishing up a fifth one. See, I'm putting off - no, practicing up for - the eleven quilts I need to make for the grands.

These kids all just so appreciate my thinking about them and taking the time to make something especially for them. In fact, two of the fellas were with us on the last trip to Joanns, and I came home with a surprise in one of my bags . . .a quilting calculator. So I know they appreciate their quilts!