Old 02-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Hen3rietta

Originally Posted by eastermarie
I have had EQ7 for 3 weeks now. I'm not that smart in computers, but I did manage to download the Moda jelly roll fabric to the library. I designed a quilt and painted in the fabrics for each square. I did have sashing between the columns and a narrow border all around the quilt. I haven't been able to go back and add an additional outside border onto the design. Anybody know how to do that? I know what I'd like the EQ7 to do, but it doesn't take verbal commands, nor does it like how I phrase my help questions. :?:
Hi Eastermarie,

What you want to do is easy but not obvious. Bring up the quilt (as opposed to the block) worktable. Below the quilt image you will see a row of tabs marked "Layout" "Borders" "Layer 1" etc. Click on the Borders tab. It will bring up the quilt layout with a menu table at the right. At the very top of the menu table you will see "Select Border" and right under that a little window with 1 of 1 in it. Right below that is an "add" button. Click to Add button and you will now have 2 of 2 showing in the little window above it. Make your border changes in the fields below and save. To go back to working on the quilt itself just click the Layer 1 tab at the very bottom.

If you're are still having trouble with this, pm me and I'll try and send you a screen shot.

Diana