Old 02-19-2011, 08:32 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Look what came to live at my house today!
Your 403 is my machine's sister! lol Mine was my Mom's that I inherited. Loved sewing on it when I was growing up & still love it now. You will enjoy yours I'm sure. :) You might look on EBay for more cams. Looks like you have the standard set and there are more that had to be bought separate. I found & bought enough of the additional cams to feel "complete".
I looked but only saw one that I thought would be useful-- the faggoting st. cam. I thought that would be good for decorative joining. I have a Bernina 830 with tons of decorative patterns built in via steel cams, and just have rarely used them...

I was totally blessed to find this machine. I wasn't even looking! It's just really dusty and probably needs a good cleaning inside, but is so nice, otherwise. I'm very excited. I have wanted to add one of the Singer slants to my collection. This machine and I have the same birth year-- 1956! On top of that, I think this is the same model machine that my aunt had and used all my life. She passed away last summer, and I asked her daughter if I could buy her sewing machine to remind me of her, only to find out they had given it away years before! Even tho this wasn't my aunt's actual machine, it reminds me of her, anyway.