View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 09:45 PM
DebbyT

I have 2 hobby rooms. My sewing room that I'v had since Sept. I took over DH's office/spare bedroom that was all clutter and not used for an office. And I'v had my wood room for 25 years. Use it for misc. crafts and wood working.I share this room with my husband. When my youngest who is 14, was about 2, I was no longer able to run the saws and drills because the noise upset her. That lasted till about 3 years ago. Soooo it seemed to become the clutter room. I did not spend as much time there and when I had a project to do, it would take a week to clean-up and organize, to start. DH's method of putting things away is to set it on the first available surface that it will fit. So the band saw, table saw, drill press, and work tables all seem to be some kind of storage unit. I am glad I don't need to worry about sharing the sewing room. My sewing room is still new to me and I realize a mess has developed as a project nears completion, but it is never as bad as DH's work area. When I plan a wood project, I 'simply' clean up. I have accepted that he won't. No complaints - I do have 2 rooms.