Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 PM
luv2learn

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I also hear there's an irredescent automotive paint out there that actually changes colors. How cool would that be?

Yep it been out for a while PPG, Dupont, House of Kolor (what I usually shoot) all have it. You have to shoot a base coat of black then you shoot the color shift over it and then clear it out. The color shift paints come in 30 different color shifts and run around $200 a pint. It gets the color shift qualities from the Aluminum oxide in the paint.

Since I paint high end show cars and bikes I always use HOK (House of Kolor) and most of my repaints are shot in their system. The 27 I am fixing to paint is a neon Lime Green that is 80% Pearl and it is really going to pop when I am finished with it. Then I have a 66 that I am shooting a Candy Hot Pink that should be pretty nice and it will be a hand crank.

But some of the machines I have done are owned by a few of our members including the Candy Blue 66 that was my favorite!

Billy
Billy, so if it is $200 pint, how much does it take to do one machine?

And by the way, I think there should be a place on the VSMS where we can see your gallery pictures of ALL of your
sewing machine paint jobs!