Old 02-20-2011, 06:10 AM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by JanetWall
I was thinking of sell fabric on the web. It will cost alot to get started. I can't stand it when you got get fabric and you tell them 2 yards and don't get a little extra for straitening up. They give you what you ask for. So I thought I would sell fabric. What do you think good idea or not. Aslo will have charm packs . Please give me your ideas.

Depends on whom your purchasing from...one Ebay seller I frequently purchase from always gives you at least 3 - 4 extra inches. The people I have purchased from on this board have always been extremely generous with giving you even more than that so I have really been happy purchasing from them.

There are numerous online shops that do give you a bit more. I think it's mainly the big box stores/LQS that are more likely to cut the exact yardage or maybe a tad bit more so they are not cutting into their profit.

That said, I agree that today might not be the best time to open a shop unless you have the finances that can comfortably get through the time establishing your business and being able to get through the lean times without creating a debt burden on yourself or your family.