View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 07:39 AM
maryb44662

Originally Posted by JJC
Originally Posted by blisterful
I had to have my timing set on my Bernina three weeks ago. Yesterday timing went out again and back to dealer I went! Dealer/serviceman just called me and said it was "consumer error" and I must have done something wrong . (I was doing a simple zigzag stitch and didn't break a needle).

I explained to him that the thread/fabric did get caught down in needle hole and perhaps that was what instigated the problem. (After I removed the bunched up thread, I was able to continue sewing, everything seems fine. It seems to me that I could have pulled machine out of alignment when I pulled out wad of thread and but he didn't think that would have put machine out of time......hmmmm). Yet, I wonder if Bernina is a real sensitive machine that I will need to baby.

My question is: Has anyone had trouble with Bernina's durability or reliability? I have had several sewing machines in the past many years and never had problems outside the normal issues, tention, etc. Having "out of timing" issues twice in one month is not normal.

Any help will be appreciated. I am quite embarrassed thinking I might be abusing my machine.

I have a Bernina 1260 that I've owned since 1991 when I bought it brand new and have never had any problems with it. It sews like a charm and I love it. I have had it serviced regularly.
I have a 1260 also, and the only thing wrong with it is the light switch went bad, so I just use a little arm light behind it, other wise, it is a real work horse. I keep it cleaned and oiled often. I would have no other brand....I love my Bernina!!