View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:03 AM
kwendt

Roguequilter.... you do what you can, and manage the rest as best as you can. Good for you.

I am grateful that you've allowed such an abused animal into your home to desensitize, and grow more trusting. My husband and I do the same, depending on the situation. Right now, we have one small female (now spayed,etc.) that lives in our house, and won't let us touch her. She has learned in the last year to be comfortable around us... as long as we're about 4' away. lol. She may never get to the point where she's trusting enough to get in our laps. But last night, she jumped up into the bed while I was in it! I had three of the other cats with me, for a 'petting' session just prior to sleeping... and she just jumped up and sat on the farthest edge watching.

Sometimes one of the greatest 'gifts' ever... is to win the trust of a child or an animal.... of course, it's one of the greatest responsibilities too.

I think it's wonderful that so many quilters have cats/dogs/horses, etc. Besides petting our animals is good for us... it helps our blood pressure stay low after we see the 'newest' price increases on our fabrics!!!!!