View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by dunster
One of the stores nearby does offer a discount, I think 30%, and JoAnn's offers a discount too (I think only if you're not using a coupon). At other stores I've had clerks ask me if I want the remainder at the same price, even though it may be only a couple of inches. What's with that? Wouldn't it be better to either throw it in (assures customer satisfaction and repeat business) or offer a big discount?
Joann's still gives the discount of 50% on the remaining fabric on the bolt-even if the fabric is on sale-and you can use the coupon because the coupon is taken at the register, not the cutting table. Most of the 40 or 50% coupons are only good on regular priced fabric, but sometimes (like currently) they have a 20% off entire purchase (sale fabric included). I have done it many times, and NEVER buy unless it is on sale, and always use my coupons to get the most discount available. Yesterday I found a couple fabrics with less than 2 yards-I said I wanted only 1 1/4 yd and got the rest at 50% off-it was only on sale for 25% off, but got the better-than 1/2 yard extra at 50% off-then used the 20% off coupon at the register.