View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 01:03 PM
justflyingin

I will say it as well...I have been the recipient of many nice tops that I've been able to finish and give away via our charitable organization here in Poland.

The ladies love them...even the ones people in the states think are ugly.

However, I do work in groups...I finished almost 80 quilts in Dec./Jan...had been saving tops that I made all last year and some were donated. I prefer to work in groups because I buy the batting in 50 meter rolls and want to use it up at once. It simply takes too much room to store and sometimes the cats think it is...well...let's not go there. Anyway, I need at least groups of almost 20 to use up a roll.

So...I love making tops, but I'm trying to make up a few more quilts tops in order to give me an excuse to buy a roll of thinner batting (I can only find poly here) and try to quilt a planned quilt top. But, I started two more that I've been dying to do for years...a sailboat quilt and a pine tree quilt. Both probably fall in the category of scrap quilts.

But since I collect other people's tops and try to finish them (I get help and we tie them)...and donate them, I don't really know how to call myself. But I definitely prefer piecing and sewing to the quilting part.

At least so far. I'm hoping to change that with my new Janome!