View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Ramona Byrd

there done that now like amma I buy cheep throw away ones. mostly with me it is watches I don't have any luck with them. they go for a while and then they either stop or go slow or faster. I can't wear windup watches at all as after a few months you can see the hands wizzing around out of control. weird.[/quote]
-------------------------
I'm like that, absolutely can not wear any of my expensive ones from a previous life. Had to give them to daughters, who have no problem at all. I was told by a surprised jeweler that I must have a lot of electricity in my body. This was after he wound up a pricy watch and let me wear it in front of him, and he spoke to DH at the same time he was timing me. Then he looked at the watch and discovered it said the wrong time!! He finally suggested that I get cheap watches at Walmart and then toss them when a new battery didn't work. Now I'm worried about expensive hearing aids!!! So far so good.

As for irons, I picked up a non-expensive Rowenta at CostCo and it's worked nicely for at least 3 years.