View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 04:44 PM
JudyG

Originally Posted by pattis47
In case any one is interested Hancocks is having a great sale on Batiks, here is the link
http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/SubC...-Price--m-3772
I have just spent hours reading all 43 pages of this thread and believe I need to jump in and do this quilt. I ordered the book last week and, wouldn't you know, didn't pay attention and it was shipped to my Washington address (and I am currently in Arizona), so now have to wait for it to be forwarded. Darn. Otherwise I would have had it yesterday.

With regard to Patti's notice about the Hancock's batiks sale, I got an email this morning that if you order tomorrow between 8 am and noon you get an additional 10% off your entire order. It says "Use online code ETNZF".

I am thinking for this quilt I will use Indigo Mirage from Connecting threads with pale blue, green, pink, and lavender batiks. I have one question about the applique using batiks: I have heard that it is difficult to do hand applique with batiks. Do you find that to be true, Lesley?

I am looking forward to being part of this group and hope to end up with a gorgeous quilt at the end. This is my year for stretching my boundaries and this quilt should do that very well.

Indigo Mirage
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162246[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-162241.jpe