View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 05:42 PM
imanoni

RE: Affairs of the Heart.
EXPERIMENT
I tried an experiment. Since I plan on dong my blocks with Fusibles, I decided to see if I could actually print the patterns on my fusibles. I had to tear the pages out of my book, but I finally got it to the correct enlargement I wanted to do, mine is 138% which is just about the 8 inch square size by itself, not on the background. I first got the pattern to the correct size after about 100 tries, then I cut my fusible to that size width...put the fusible into the printer paper side up, printed it and immediately when it came out of the printer laid a tissue (kleenex type) over the inked side and gently pressed it down. The excess ink came off on the tissue, not my hands.You might need to turn the tissue over and do it again depending on you ink. Then I cut it up into pieces and fused them onto my fabric, keep in mind, I am only experimenting here. I laid the pieces out so that there was enough room for tuck under on the pieces that need to tuck under.putting them all into snack size baggies for later. If it works, it will save a lot of tracing. I don't have any black fabric yet, but will head off to Rainbow's end tomorrow to get some.