Old 02-20-2011, 07:22 PM
mollymct

It's finally done and delivered and I just love it! I had the binding ready to go Friday when the quilt was returned from being quilted by Charisma!! (Side note-my first bias cut binding was easy! And I think it made the plaid border much more interesting. Love trying even a tiny new thing!)

The pattern was a free download from www.ohfransson.com. I think it's called Charm Squares Baby Quilt. Great for this beginner. Learned much about the necessity for a 1/4 seam when pieced rows were initially WAY off...thankfully Amazon came to the rescue with a six dollar foot that has changed my piecing life!

I struggled with wanting to finish the whole thing on my own, but finally faced up to fact that 1)I did not have the time learn fMQ satisfactorily to produce a final quilt I could live with 2)I did not want this special gift to be soured for me by stressing instead of enjoying the process. So I asked Charisma, whose work I so admire, if she would take on my tiny baby quilt! And she did! I loved working with her because she is so communicative and responsive. Completely easy transaction. And AWESOME WORK!! Charisma, I just can't say enough how you perfectly enhanced my basic, humble little quilt (on the verge of blah) and now it looks better than I could have guessed. In just a day it has been much handle, loved and admired.

So happy to have a healthy niece and SIL after a tumultuous pregnancy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121647[/ATTACH]

Checking it out!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121648[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-121639.jpe   attachment-121642.jpe   attachment-121643.jpe