View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Rose L

I told you all earlier about meeting my DH who is from the same county that my dad grew up in and that I was born in. Well I met my DH online in August of 2003. My father passed away in Dec of the same year. At the time of my father's passing I had lamented to an aunt that I didn't have a single picture of my father. I moved home, married and a few weeks later my aunt mailed me a big envelope full of pictures of my father. My DH and I had a good time going through all of the pictures and figuring out who all the people were in them. In the end there was one picture of my father and lovely blond haired gal on my dad's horse. I knew the horse but neither of us knew who she was and on the back of the picture it said George and ? My DH got on the phone and made several calls to people who had gone to high school with my dad but none of them could figure out who she was either. As the calls were being made a friend/neighbor stopped in. We were telling him about this picture and how we couldn't figure out who the gal was in it. So I handed him the picture to have a look. He looks at it for a split second and says, "well that's mom". Huh? "Yeah, that's my mom. We were pretty dumb founded over this revelation.

A couple weeks later, dead of winter and dark out, we got a phone call from this friend/neighbor who needed help getting a tractor started. We headed over to his place and found him and his dad outside working on the tractor. The friend told me to go inside where it was warm and I did exactly that. When I walked through the door, here stands this very pretty blond haired woman. Right away I knew who she was. The first words out of her mouth to me were "You're George's daughter". I felt really awkward. I said yes I am. Then I asked her if her son (the friend/neighbor) had told her about the picture. She didn't know what I was talking about. She just saw my dad in my face. Strangely, I look like my mother. When I was born my father named me, first name and middle name, after two of his old girlfriends and this woman was not either of them. LOL! I'm just waiting for the day when I meet them in some odd and peculiar way.