View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by svenskaflicka1
it's snowing, here. again. it's below freezing (26, F), the house is chilly, but the flakes are beautiful. they are "cleaning up" the existing snow scape we have. it was getting tired looking, and could use a good "polishing".
Hey, Svenska Flicka - I am a Svenska Flicka too. My dad always called me that!!!! Here in the Tundra, known as St. Paul, Minnesota we have been socked in again - 13" of snow with more on the way. We are in another snow emergency - I think this is the fifth one this year and I have to get out there and shovel a path for the van to get out and then move the van without getting stuck. I haven't slept all night just thinking about it. I, at least, hope it isn't ice-biting-ly cold out there. Then we shovel the sidewalks and the driveway. Oh wretch. You are right though, it old snow looked awful, but this is a complete coating of absolutely everything and it is so pristine looking. Looks like all of this is heading east, so prepare yourselves - it's a'comin'!!!!!

I can see just a tish of reddish, orangeish purple in the east. It is going to be a beautiful sunrise, unless it hides behide some clouds. So, for all of you, shovel gingerly, take your breaks and make some split pea soup - perfect for a day like yesterday and today. Take care - make it a good day. Edie