View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:08 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

when my scraps are re-producing at an alarming rate i set aside a saturday for (scrap-therapy)
i turn on the iron and set up my cutting table...and grab my box of scraps. i spend the day (or a few hours) lovingly ironing each scrap and cutting it into a (usable) piece...fq's, 9" squares, 6" Squares, 4" squares, 2" squares...what ever i can get out of each piece...i cut it up till i can no longer get a usable piece out of it...these i stack according to size, color/texture has nothing to do with it...so i have a tote with scrappy 9" squares, on down to 2 1/2" squares, strips that range from 1" Up to 3";
anything over a fq is folded and put back on the shelves.
then when i want to work on an eye-spy or charm quilt i can just pick a size square to work with go to my tote and grab a stack of that size and start sorting for my project. i also have a plastic drawer that small (corner triangles) and odd shape pieces get tossed into it; when my granddaughter's come to visit they love to take that drawer and sit down at the machine and just start sewing them together...a very true scrappy quilt! they just have the drawer next to them on a stool, grab a piece, sew it to another, grab the next and add it...it is a very cool project! one that will keep going for years i think :thumbup: