Old 02-21-2011, 07:16 AM
darlings7

My friend Yvonne is celebrating her 100th birthday in May. I would like to make her a small hanging quilt to commemorate
her wonderful life. Let me tell you a little about her. She took care of her husband with compassion and love until he passed away 4 years ago. She now lives alone and does water aerobics everyday, sews, crochets, lives within walking distance of grocery and shopping which she walks to with her walker. Her charitable sewing consists of making doll clothes for abused children, and crocheting small newborn infants caps for the local hospital. She speaks 5 languages. She is an unassuming, gentle, sweet lady whom eveyone loves. I can't say enough about her. I'm hoping you can give me some ideas for a quilt. The swimming group she belongs to call themselves "the mermaids". We love to take her out to lunch because she is so interesting and great to be with. I don't have much time so I hope it will be an easy type quilt that I can make. Thank you all in advance for your ideas. I know you all can help me.