View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Happy Treadler

Originally Posted by Matilda
If you don't have projects to use them for you could donate them to the Linus group if you have one in your area. They sew for children's hospitals.

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I've got a good friend who has a home business making little round trivets. She's got the COOLEST fabric, and has tons of leftover scraps from cutting out circles (various sizes, but typically I'd say they're around 3-4" and smaller - think about the 'leftovers' after cutting out a circle). I'm wondering if there are any good ideas out there to use these up on projects. She said she hates to throw them out (and, of course, I told her not to!). I'd appeciate any ideas you could throw at me. Like I need even more projects to do! :shock:

Thanks, and hope you all had a great weekend!
Unfortunately, we live in a VERY rural area, so I don't know of any Linus groups in this area. And, as quilters, we all know that fabric is HEAVY to mail. Maybe I should start a Linus group, or some type of quilting 'ministry'. Guess I should start making some quilting friends in the 'real world' somehow. The fabrics would be perfect for children, as most of them are brightly-colored and cartoon-ish, although they also do some kitchen-themed types of trivets, too.
;)