View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:21 AM
marsspyder

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I've also been pondering, I lost my mom 2 years ago at age 89 and over the years have spent a LOT of time inside geriatric wards of hospitals. She could never stay warm, and we always had to layer the cheapo/thin cotton blankets on her. I know many people do the quilts for children's wards, and I think the older population are sometimes forgotten about or discarded. Many of these people have families who have 'disowned' them (like my own family, the rest of the 4 brothers & 2 sisters didn't bother with my mom), and maybe a bright crumb quilt would cheer up an older ornary person. They'd only have to be a twin size or lap-sized quilt. The only real probably (other than time!) than I can foresee is the backing fabric & batting, which could really get expensive. I'm curious, about how quick do you think a twin-size-ish quilt could be made?
you could use a sheet for the backing and/or use old blankets from the dollar store or goodwill as batting. My mom and grandma have used both with really nice results.

Also, I think this is a fantastic idea and I think I will put this on my to do list. As right after I hit the respond button a few minutes ago I heard a voice clear as day say "Project Grace".