View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
charismah
Banned

MOMBASIL and I have been working together pretty consistently since Christmas and she is such a ray of light for me..I just love her!

SO wise and UPLIFTING!

Anyway....I think she told me in December she was fairly new to quilting..I would have never known by this quilt..it was pieced beautifully and I have such a fondness for these color choices...very warm and inviting to me...the muslin always represents a comfort to me..maybe because many vintage quilts have muslin in them....anyway the muslin offered a great place to showcase quilting....

I chose to put feathers in the blocks...leave the stars alone so they would pop out ( also the center squares in the middle of the block) and I put leaves in the first muslin border as many of the fabrics had leaves in them...and I finished it off with another feathered border. It finished elegantly ...and I think I may need to ask her about the name of this pattern as I thoroughly LOVE this quilt!

I quilted this on my INNOVA....no computer or pantograph quilting.

borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]161858[/ATTACH]

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]162813[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-161852.jpe   attachment-161853.jpe   attachment-161854.jpe   attachment-162808.jpe