Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 AM
John
Banned

I will tell you a little secret. I started making those diagonal squares with no particular thought in mind as to how many I would need or what I was going to do with them. I was having so much fun I didn't pay attention to how many I had made. Well 2 weeks later I looked at the stacks and stacks of little squares, and said to myself. "What have I done"?. So all of those various quilts starting from "The quilt from hell" were made with those large stacks of small diagonal squares. Even the 4' x 8' Library quilt. The ladies at the library approached me to make a quilt for permanent display in the library. So I said sure. I ran right home and got to work using more of those stacks of squares. I still have a drawer full of them and I never open that drawer as it might cause me to run screaming out of the room and never to return again. Well, maybe not that bad, but I have been putting off doing anything more with them for, oh I don't know, 20 years or so. I have included the remainder in my will so that might tell you something.

John