Thread: New but old
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Sunbonnet Sue

Hello all. As you can see, I've chosen the name of my favorite quilt block.. It was the first quilt I ever saw because my great grandmother had made it for my mother when she was born. That's who I inherited the love of quilting from.
I fell in love when I went to a quilt show in Denver in 1988 and I knew that it was my destiny to make quilts. I wasn't able to start until 1994, but, then I went at it like gangbusters! I can't even tell you how many I have made! It was one of my biggest passions.
Unfortunately, when I was young, I was in a couple bad car accidents that gave me some issues with my neck. In Sept. of 2009 I had a failed surgical fusion of my neck with 2 surgeries causing me nonstop pain. I've lost my passion for quilting for this last year and a half and am just now starting to get a glimmer of the desire back again. Hopefully this board will help it to grow again.
Anyway, I'm married, the mother of 2 grown sons and one granddaughter. My husband and I live on a ranch in Wyoming in the summer months and in the Las Vegas area in the winter months. We used to do a lot of traveling and am hoping we'll be able to do more of that again some time soon.
Lastly, I love to share things that I find with people. I found a wonderful on line quilt shop - and NO - it is NOT mine! lol - I don't like the four letter word (work) :D
Anyway, I found her through facebook and have tried her out. I ordered some of the fabric she had on sale and boy - I was surprised! The batiks were selling for $1 for a fat quarter and I told her to send me a variety. They were beautiful and high quality! Then, she had her shot cuts - again - impressed! I've been getting my Aurifil thread through her too because you can't find them at that price anywhere. She's got great customer service too. She's having an awesome sale right now - and NO - I'm not getting anything for this - but you should really check it out! It's at
http://www.sewezdesigns.com/Fabric_Close-Outs.html

We'll be seeing you all more, I'm sure.
Thanks and happy stitching!
Sue