View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Ann Zemke

Diane Entrikin and I (Ann Zemke) are just about to publish "Every Barn Tells a Story" -- a compilation of quilt barn owner biographies, narratives and anecdotes, partnered with quilt blocks, sampler quilts and sewing projects. Our book should be available for purchase in the next few weeks. Other projects in the book include: apron patterns, embroidered dishtowels, small quilts, table toppers, cross stitch barn, recipes, and even instructions on how to paint your own quilt block. We'll also publish articles about the history of barns in America and, of course, the history of quilt barns - - now the Quilt Trail.

Diane and I interviewed quilt barn owners to capture their stories, and we included our personal stories, too. (We both painted quilt blocks - - mine hangs on a shed and Diane's hangs on a fence.) Then we wrote the pattern to make the quilt blocks and included them all in 2 sampler quilts.

You may learn more about "Every Barn Tells a Story" and watch our progress at www.crocuslane.blogspot.com. If you'd like more information, you may contact me through my website at www.crocuslanequilts.com.

I'm delighted that you have an interest in the quilt barns. Last week, I learned from Donna Sue Groves (started the Quilt Trail) that there are 3,200 quilt barns in 30 states. Wow!

Diane Entrikin (standing) & Ann Zemke
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127131[/ATTACH]

One of our favorite quilt barns
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127132[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-127126.jpe   attachment-127127.jpe