Thread: Long Arm dilema
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 PM
aborning

[quote=quilterella][quote=aborning]
Originally Posted by I bought a Tin Lizzie 18DLS in December. I have done 6 quilts on it so far. It is my first long arm and I was on a budget and I got a really good offer on the price so that was the deciding factor for me. It is similar to Handi Quilter. They are both very easy to move around. I am liking my Tin Lizzie so far. I am mostly going to be quilting for myself so I couldn't justify spending a lot more money for a long arm--as long as it works sufficient--I figured I might as well get the one with the best deal--which was the Tin Lizzie. Good luck with your decision. I did go to a big Quilt show last fall and looked at and tried many of the brands. I would recommend you do that if you have time to wait.[/quote
What is the size of your setup? How much space do you need at either end of the frame.? Now that I've narrowed it down to a Tin lizzie LS, I'm not sure my room will be big enough!
I have the metal frame and it is set up for 12 ft. length. It can also be changed to 8 ft. length.