View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 07:56 PM
wilmak

Originally Posted by lclang
Not any more, but I used to make underwear for the kids and grandkids as well as myself and husband. They are not difficult to make and you can make them to fit! I made 6 pairs of boys briefs for one of the grandsons who was starting school and he made sure to get another set for his brother and also a set for his cousin who were already in school. They wore them a whole year and they had gotten so tight in the waist that they could hardly breathe, so we cut the elastic off and put on new larger elastic and they wore them another year. Their mom sold them at a garage sale for more than I had in them when they were new! We've had a lot of laughs over that. They wear lots better than the purchased underwear.

This brings back many memories. I took a class in lingerie and made my mom several pair as a Christmas present. She loved them so much, she begged for a dozen. She lived in Arizona and the cotton ones were so much more comfortable than the tricot. Also, she was a big woman making it even harder to find her preferred panties. She was still wearing them 20 yrs later. It really hurt her feelings to have to give them up and buy new ones. I was working full time and didn't have time to make her any more.