View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Rettie V. Grama

i've done that many times. Finally after getting a new Kenmore machine,I learned to check to see if I have thread. Soetimes I still goof. My Kenmore has a window where I can see the bobbin, but that doesn't help on a long haul, I mean row. LOL Do I sound like a truck driver? I come from a family of brothers, nephews and cusins of long haul truckdrivers. Sorta picked up the language.

Originally Posted by chamby
Well ladies this morning I was working hard on the king size rag quilt that my son hired me to complete for a friends birthday. I was sewing very nicely on a long row thinking I was doing well. Well to my surprise when I reached the end to snip the thread. There was no bobbin thread. I had been sewing almost the entire row without the bobbin thread without noticing. All pins were gone and rows not sewn together. What a bummer. I had to re-pin almost the entire row and start over. I sure wish I had a red light or something to warn me of the empty bobbin. So I just stopped went to Hancock for sewing machine oil and thread. Then back home to clean machine and fill the bobbin to begin again.