View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 04:47 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

You don't know how much I missed not being here, but thanks for the welcome back - it was only a few days, but it felt as if I had had my right arm amputated!

Good job I hadn't though - yes, I did keep sewing, I have been bewitched and can't stop making them. I am still taking pics as I go along, so when we get to the relevant week in the schedule, I can post them for you all to see how I did them - I have just finished my 8th block (sorry ladies), so I have the top two rows of the centre section done now.

It's been really interesting to read all the discussions of various alternative ways of tackling these babies. I have seen programmes of Eleanor Burns making circles and simple shapes by sewing a lightweight iron on vilene on the right side, then turning inside out, and it worked very well. I thing using this method on small leaf shapes might be fiddly, but still possible - but I'm not sure about the scroll shapes (I have just finished block 17). There is a good example of the scroll shapes on the front cover of the book. The yellow ones have their tails tucked under a leaf shape, but the others arrive at a fairly fine point - could you turn that inside out? Not sure.