View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:04 AM
quiltmaker

I agree with the answers posted above. There is just not enough time in a day to respond to all the topics on this board and have a life at the same time.

IMHO, I did not realize people felt slighted or would feel slighted if their pictures/posts were not responded to...for me to just respond "beautiful quilt" or something simular when it has been repeated over & over again seems redundant. I don't post pictures but if I did I certainly wouldn't expect kudos for whatever I posted. I come here to learn different approaches by other quilters and respond when I think I might be of help to someone.

I might get slammed for this but to feel I was not appreciated because of not getting a response or not getting enough responses just makes it seem one only comes here for validation instead of being a part of a group that wants to learn (variety of quilting methods/styles) share ideas,experiences and try and help others when you could.

There are so many topics on this board that unless you are able to spend many hours here there is no possible way to wade through everything each and everyday. People are posting all the time and that's how posts go futher down and don't always get viewed by everyone. The Pictures section is wonderful and all the quilts & sometimes other things shown there are fabulous but that doesn't mean I have/need to respond to each and everything as to not hurt the feelings of the poster. I enjoy looking as much as the other person but have found myself staying away from the Pictures section because I don't want to feel like I am obligated to make a response to their beautiful work. To feel unappreciated or slighted because of this just doesn't compute in my world. You are not the first to bring this up and I have seen others concerned their topics were not responded to as much as others were...well, there are thousands of us here and we respond to things that interest us on any given day. As also mentioned many of the topics may not even be opened because of the vague title description and not knowing what the original poster was desiring. Also if you see there are numerous viewers but no reponses then the answer is probably the opener was curious but it wasn't a post they felt they wanted/needed to respond and moved on to a topic they wanted to participate in. There may also be many topics of interest but your answer would be the same as many of the others so you felt it wasn't necessary repeat the same thing. There are as many opinions of this as their are members on this board.

You are not breaking any rules written or unwritten nor is anyone else who doesn't respond to your posts. I am sorry you aren't feeling the love and joy of being on this board. I don't believe anyone is trying to slight you for all the various responses that are already made. This is a very loving, caring, giving group that is simply amazing in all they do for each other no matter what the capacity they are participating in....each and everyone has value to this board. I laugh, cry, empathize, learn, and try to help on this board like everyone else here. Please don't set yourself up with expectations from members who mean no harm to you, who themselves are here for their combined love of the art of quilting and desire to be a part of something greater than themselves.