View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Jo Belmont

I realize many letters have been sent to Wal-Mart, but the headlines today (shown below) reminded me once again about their having discontinued fabric sales. I thought it very timely therefore to jump through the hoops that they have in place and see if they would even acknowledge it. Better – that they would pay attention and finally do something about it.

Anyway, it wasn’t terribly difficult to do it their way, but it’s easier if you have a clickable link and know up front what you need to do. So that's what I've provided below. I’ve also provided a short note which you may feel free to copy and paste. Even though there’s space for lots more text, it’s been my experience that exec’s, etc., seldom go past the second or third paragraph.

Also, because they will have the information on your location and the store at which you shop will also get a copy of this, perhaps it will have some impact. It can’t be any worse than where it’s at right now.

So here you go. Read through, then copy (select, Control-C) from “WAL-MART GRAPPLES . . . ” through “. . . Respectfully, . . .” and come back and click the following link to get started:

http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

On the first of 3 pages that come up, select >Discontinued Item/Brand. Then click >Next at the bottom left of the page

The next page asks for Brand. From the drop-down menu select >Other. Then in the “Specify Brand” box which pops up, insert “WalMart; various others” (without the quotes).

Under >Item Description put “Fabric by the Yard” (without the quotes).

Under >Lot number and >UPC, just type in “Unknown” (sans quotes).

You must insert an >expiration date. I arbitrarily chose 06-30-2011

Insert in the >Comment section (copy and paste Ctrl-C; Ctrl-V , or type your own):
- - - - - - - - - -

WAL-MART GRAPPLES WITH ITS WORST SALES SLUMP EVER. (Wall Street Journal 02-22-2011).

An interesting headline. I’m not surprised. Current exec’s forgot all about who really does the shopping by removing our reason to be there in the first place --- FABRIC and lots of it. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Bring it back and watch your overall sales rebound. I know because I’m one of countless others who now spend our money elsewhere. Thank you for finally considering what we’ve tried for months to tell you. Perhaps you hear us now.

Respectfully, (your name)

- - - - - - - - -

Then complete your personal info - name, address, phone, email. Click >Next

The next page displays a store address based on your previously-entered zip code. If you shop at a store other than the one shown, click >Pick a different store.

A default screen will come up already completed with your zip code and address and search buttons. Click one of the search buttons and a list of other stores in your service area will be displayed. Click the one at which you shop (the manager of that store also gets a copy of your message as well as WalMart’s corporate headquarters).

Then click >Finish and a confirmation that your message was successfully sent will appear.

As I said, it couldn’t hurt and it’s getting to them in their own prescribed manner while they've got to be squirming some after the WSJ article. Thanks for whatever you may do. I’m really missing the Wal-Mart fabric department myself.

~ Jo