View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:20 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace
Any hobby, past time, volunteer group that comes between you and your family is a problem. No matter how you look at it. Her child and grandchildren were going without their grandmother because of some fabric held together by thread. Yes, the organization she quilts for is a good cause. Her family is a better cause.
An interesting thought. I hate to think that my relationship with my grandchildren depends on the condition of my house. I can go to their house, or take little ones to the park, attend their sports events or out to eat. Lots of things can be done. Not everyone has a nice big house for entertaining family. We go where there is enough room, depending on the size of the group at the time. My mother never cooked, baked, or had family events at her home. She still managed to have great times with her grandkids and her great grandkids. And if they live in LA, there are 11 months out of the year when you can entertain in the back yard. There was more going on here (or not going on here) than we will ever know.