Old 02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
georgiat

I was glad to see a lot of it being donated to other groups. However, a lot of what is "donated" to quilters is not truly useable. One of the friends actually said some of the fabric was not suitable I believe. Be careful who you tell you are a quilter! A group I belonged to at one time made quilts to give to CPS so each child taken in could be given their own quilt to keep forever. We got everything! Acutally could use only about %10 of it. We got knits, old polyester like they made leisure suits out of, etc. You don't really have to keep everything you are given if it is not for your purpose or you will ENJOY working with the textile. Otherwise it will be in your stash forever and is still not helping anyone! Remember we are still taking the time and pleasure in creating the finished product to be donated. We want to feel that sense of pride in what we give away with our name associated. If you aren't going to use something take, say a very nice thank you and pass it on to another organization that might use it for pet bedding or whatever may be appropriate. (Now, I wonder if the pet groups think the same thing about some fabrics, that they are not appropriate!)