View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 AM
milp04

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Every year I have SAD! Thank you, I didn't know there was help. I thought I had to pull up my boots and just get on with it! Or through it! I will buy an Ott light if that is what it takes!

God Bless you!
Hi,
Any lamp that will hold the "Ott" light bulb will work. There are also "full spectrum" bulbs that may work the same to help with SAD and for better sight for project work and reading.

Please be sure to "test" out each light bulb. By this I mean that each person responds differently to the light put out by each different light bulb.

I found that I am very light sensitive especially to bulb lighting vs normal sunlight. I was using my Ott light at work and normally I used the desk lamp for 1-2 hours each morning to help with my SAD. One day I left the desk lamp light on all day by mistake. I did not sleep for 3 nights. REALLY!!! So users be aware. If you use this light late at night to sew and find you're not able to sleep the light bulb may very well be the reason. I often share this fact with store managers and sales clerks in stores that sell the Ott lights so they'll be aware and can share this information if someone complains of not being able to sleep suddenly.

Also for the light treatments for SAD it is now advised to not stare at the light bank as previously instructed. This can actually damage eyesight. For further information do a google search for SAD treatments.

Have a Great Quilty Day!
Pam M