View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:05 PM
janetn

I am new to both the board and quilting. I recently purchased a vintage quilt top with the idea I would love to finish it with hand quilting. I guess I have never had an interest in sewing or anything related to crafts, but one of my fond memories of growing up in a was seeing the church women sitting together with a large frame and quilting. They would sell these beautiful quilts at our Christmas Bazaar. I was facinated watching the women and the beautiful quilts they made. I am now much older and am determined to finish this vintage quilt. I have already done some research and have started. I feel this will be my practice quilt since my stitching is not refined at all. I am getting better and am enjoying it so far. I find it relaxing. I just did a little research on thimbles and think I will order the coin leather thimble. Any suggestions from this knowledgeable group on thimbles or anything else is appreciated. I will spend some time going over some on the posts to see if I can pick-up some tipes.