Thread: A new tote bag
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:59 PM
TexasGurl

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Originally Posted by TexasGurl
Love your bag ! It IS weird to use a paper or tissue pattern now, after so much rotary cutting.
I sewed a lot of my own clothes in high school, it was nothing to sit down and make a skirt in a few hours to wear the very next day - or make an outfit over the weekend to wear on Monday ! Remember PANT SUITS ?? We couldn't wear jeans to high school then (1970's) so it had to be a "matched pant suit". And our dresses could be NO shorter than our fingertips as we stood for "inspections" by the asst. principal or counselor.
Crazy :roll: :roll:
Ah, yes, I remember those days.... and I had a friend that kicked out of school because her skirt was too short...even though THEY measured...her legs made her skirt look short (optical illusion??) SO, she wore a "granny gown" the next day ---long skirt to the ground....got kicked out again!!!! Much simpler days, eh!?!?
You bet ... I got sent home to change a few times myself ! LOL & I remember those granny & prairie dresses. One of my fav dresses EVER was a beautiful pale yellow Gunne Sax dress that I wore to the Jr-Sr prom. :)