Old 02-22-2011, 05:21 PM
JulieR

Originally Posted by Maride
I have to admit I hated the show. She was happy sewing where she was. I could have accepted help her get organized and maybe clean the garage for storage but not for sewing. They came up with some very clever storage system but I would never want my fabrics in plastic bins. I would have placed the fabrics on the shelves without the bins and keep the sewing in the living room, where she probably spends most of her time. Hated the controlling daughter and the wimpy husband. The house looks nice, but just because her daughter wanted her kids to come and mess it up anyways.
I can't say I hated it, but I won't say I'll tune in again. The daughter really ticked me off - turn down the tears and GO TO YOUR OWN HOME. She's an adult with her own entertainment venue. There's no reason on earth why all - or any of - the family gatherings had to happen at Barbara's house.

My mother has her own life. Now that my sister and I are out of the house, it's hers (and my father's) to do with as they wish. If I boo-hooed to her that she should stop spending so much time doing the things she loves, and start spending more time with ME in HER HOME (and by the way, she better clean up so my dogs can come over and probably chew on things)...Mom would look me dead in the eye and tell me to grow up. And she'd be right.

Sorry, I think I needed to get that out. LOL