View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 07:18 PM
DogHouseMom

Last October my husband gave me a 50th birthday present of a trip to Jamaica. After 7 years of marriage, it was our first trip that we went on "just because". It wasn't business, and we weren't visiting family. We wanted to go brain dead and catch a good case of beach gravity. We picked a smaller, all-inclusive, NO CHILDREN, resort in Negril (called "Couples"). It was just what the doctor ordered "no worries mon". We soon met another couple (because I tried to swipe his book <g>) and while there they became engaged. They've just told us that they plan to marry in Jamaica, same place, same time, and invited us as their witnesses (as if I needed a REASON to return to paradise!).

Natuarally, I thought an ideal wedding present would be a quilt. Even more, I thought the best I could do was to use one of the wall hangings from the hotel (fabric wall hanging, no quilting on it, just draped fabric) that had the two intertwined palm trees that is the resort logo. The wall hanging has quite intricate stylized designs around the palm trees, and I thought I would use it as a "panel" and quilt the design. I asked the hotel if I could buy one, but alas, they did not have one for sale :(.

So .... I guess I need to put to good use the "Landscape Design" book and DVD that I bought from RedGarnet222 here on the QB. Decided I wanted to use just batiks, so I pulled out most of the batiks I own and, printed scores of pictures of beaches and palm trees, printed samples of landscape quilts, and ....

I'm inspired :)

Now if I can only convert that inspiration to my fingers and actually CREATE IT!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141057.jpe