View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Auntie B

Hi, I have been following and reading and seeing beautiful quilts for a little while now. You are all so supportive of everyone. I have been sewing since I was 7 and started quilting when our oldest son was big enough to move out of the crib and into a twin bed, he is 25 now. I quilted before all the speed methods and rotary cutters came along. I am an avid sewer and quilter, my mother used to say I had sewn everything but panty hose and cowboy boots. ha ha I currently feed my addiction to quilting by working in a locally owned sewing machine sales/ quilt shop. Talk about getting a high every day !!!!!!!!!! My husband and I are about to undertake an huge renovation to my sewing room. This of course means that I will have to pack everything up and relocate, temporarily, until the renos are done. I am NOT looking forward to this. I have been putting it off for years now. My one sister and I quilt together once a week over the winter months, so I guess the tv room will be a disaster for a few months until the renos are done. Nice to meet you all.