View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 PM
rob529

Originally Posted by M.I.Late
Originally Posted by Rhonda
My DHs favorite is a tenderloin. We have plate size pork tenderloins that are pounded thin and then breaded. and then deep fried and served on a large hamburger bun. The tenderloin is usually twice the size of the bun. I have been told it is a delicacy only found in Central to SE Iowa and northern Mo. Some places serve nearly paper thin tenderloins and some(the best ones) are more of a 1/2" thick or so. He is more of a mustard man than ketchup and he loves dill pickles. So he usually gets everything on his tenderloin mustard ketchup dill pickles(some places serve bread and butter pickles instead of dill) onion slices lettuce and tomatoe.
I haven't had Pork Tenderloin since I was younger when grandma would
bring them on the plane from Des Moines in her suitcase to California. Pork Tenderloin is the best and I haven't seen it anywhere but DesMoines. It's been 20 years since I've tasted a pork tenderloin. OMG!!!!
We have them here in Brownwood and in Lubbock. I bought one today at WM. Hope it's good. It's already marinated in rasberry and chipolet. They have them in FL too. I am so glad we can get them. Lean pork is my favorite meat.
Robin in TX