View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 05:43 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hello everyone. I got into these Block Bender quilts after drose posted a picture from the book on here. So I got the book by Margaret Miller, and here's my first attempt.

I'd be grateful also to hear your preferences as to the setting, on point either way or straight set - my opinion changes by the hour!

This is my own design based on my own grid. Initially I hoped to be able to piece it by cutting rectangles from two strips, like Rhonda's cut down method for HSTs but because of the angles and seam allowances of these Half Rectangle Triangles (can we call them 'HRTs'? :mrgreen: :lol: ) it didn't work. So I made the templates from template plastic as recommended in the book.

It was quite time consuming but it's a process I really enjoyed - and it inspired me to colour code my scraps as well! :-D

I have a dark Jinny Beyer fabric with a spectrum of dots running across it that I'd like to use for the border. This piece is 34" x 30". Thanks for looking and reading my waffle if you got this far! :lol:

PIeced on point with the shaft of light running horizontally
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158056[/ATTACH]

Straight set
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158057[/ATTACH]

On point with the shaft of light running vertically
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158058[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158051.jpe   attachment-158052.jpe   attachment-158053.jpe