Thread: moving maybe
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:06 AM
sahm4605

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I mapped it. It's a whole 45 minutes away. That's not exactly moving to the ends of the earth.
its not far away but going from living a couple of blocks from my family to not having anyone around that I know is the bummer. I can't tell you how many times my mom and I have picked stuff up from the store for each other. or just run over and picked up something from the others house in an emergency. With my grandma in a nursing home and at the end of her life we have made many a trip to the er and I have been close enough to my parents that I could get the medical and financial info for my grandma at my moms and let out the dogs. Moving away will mean no more 5 min run to let the puppy out to go potty in the middle of the day or dropping of some groceries so my mom doesn't have to stop at the store on her way home from working a 10 hour day. while there are others that could do it, I am the only one who isn't working or going to school as well. its also for "security" in knowing that if I needed someone to watch the kids all of a sudden there is someone just 2 min away who could do it. as long as they were home.