View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 AM
candi

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
I really find that hard to believe. I'm not sure what greens fees are now even on public courses, but when I was playing 20 years ago it was expensive. I also know how much golf clubs, golf ball, boats, fishing poles and reels, shotguns and rifles, cartridges, etc, etc, etc. for all the other hobbies our sons, husbands, SILs, GSs, all put into their hobbies. Then you add on the cabin and lodge fees, food, gasoline, special trailers, it goes on and on. I would have to see their figures in black and white. I bet a man wrote that article!
Interesting article..thanks for sharing.
Polly, depending in the area and golf course, green fees can be from as low as $15 to as high as $500+, so yes, they can be expensive. Golf balls can be bought at very reasonable prices these days, and as far as other golf equipment...well, they last a lifetime once you make the initial investment. My husband is a very avid golfer, and during a recent budgets analysis we did, I was spending a lot more on quilting than he was on golf....go figure! That being said, we really need to look at the difference, quilting IS about material..we need to buy material for every project..we need inspiration from books, patterns and magazines, we like to buy tools and gadgets to make certain quilting aspects easier or more accurate...which means money, money, money. For golf, if you have your clubs, a good golfer who needs one ball for the whole round,lol, and not golfing TPC Sawgrass, you probably can golf for pretty cheap.

Know nothing about fishing and boating though. But again, it seems like once you have your equipments, it seems like the costs won't be that high.

I really know of no statistics, just our personal experience here as a household.