View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 AM
mypatookis

Originally Posted by sewTinker
heights for me too. As time passes, it seems to become worse. I don't know what to do for it. Went to a hypnotist a few times, but it didn't work for me. It's become life limiting... as though I'm not free to be me. I have a limited comfort zone where I am comfortable driving. I take the long way around to avoid bridges and overpasses. I cannot imagine how it would be to hop in my car and drive to my daughter's; or to paducah; or to just about anywhere, like my favorite lqs. Ironically, I am able to fly - I do not let my mind Picture the insanity of what I am doing - lol... - I envision that I am on a bus. I wish there were a magic pill... :-(
There IS a magic pill... :-D Talk to your doctor. Mine is Lorazepam. I only need it when I travel. I'm fine once I get to where I'm going, but for that day before I leave and the day of travel, I'm a mess! I would get knots in my stomach and half to add, oh about a half hour or so to my plans for all the trips to the ladies' room. But then... the magic pill... and I feel normal again. I'm not a pill popper, nor am I a pill pusher!! I actually, don't even like taking vitamins, but this is the only thing that worked for me. Never used to be this way for me, but 9/11 and menopause hit at the same time and really screwed up my system! :shock:
Other than that... fear of heights and dogs I don't know... and oh yeah, earthquakes... I have had nightmares about those...been there... DON'T want to be there again! And fear of losing my loved ones. My Mother passed on her worry genes to me... thanks, Mom :oops:
Gee, reading this over, I sound all messed up! But I'm happy!! LOL :lol: :lol: